Which certification is right for me?

I just came across this excellent file which provides a side-by-side comparison of six certification options: Fitness Resource Associates (FRA), National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), American Council on
Exercise (ACE)
, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).  This document is a great resource if you are struggling to determine where to go to get certified to teach group fitness.  It is just a reference, and does not include every certifying body available.   But it is a great way to see you major choices in an easy to read format.  Bonus if you live in the Boston area — it includes reference to when these companies are offering workshops in your area! 



2 thoughts on “Which certification is right for me?

  1. Hello! I live in GA and I want to get the spinning certification,any idea when or were can I get it.

  2. Hi Sergio! The best place to look for Spinning Certification workshops is to visit http://www.spinning.com. Select “INSTRUCTORS” from the left side menu and the “Become an Instructor.” This will take you to a search option to find Spinning Certification Workshops in your area. Make sure you select the “Get Certified” option.

    Best Wishes!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s