This is the second in a series of posts of profiles I used for my 3 Weeks of Intervals in January. The first ride was 1-1 Intervals. Today, we continue with the “Attack and Sustain” idea, but we double the time spent sustaining. Much more challenging than Ride #1.
First, the basis for the ride, which is amazingly simple, and quite like the ride before it:
1. Warm Up
2. 2:00 Intense Work
3. 1:00 Recovery
4. Repeat Steps 2 &3 until class is almost over
5. Cool Down
This Ride has a more structured profile attached, because I used this ride for my participation in a CD Tree, so it’s all laid out for you in the attachment: 2-1 Interval Progression Profile.
- 1. Karsh Kale – Free Fall (Jayant’s Remix)
- 2. Pat Benatar – Heartbreaker
- 3. Midival Punditz – Ali (Tapan’s Deep Blue Mix)
- 4. Faith No More – A Small Victory
- 5. Foo Fighters – All My Life
- 6. Tone Loc – Funky Cold Medina
- 7. Anggun – Dream of Me
- 8. Tyler Bates – To Victory (300 Soundtrack)
- 9. Reconstructed – Eye of the Tiger (Trance Remix)
- 10. VA – Another Brick In the Wall Part II (House Remix)
- 11. Hands Upon Black Earth – The Star & the Snake
Note: You’ll notice that Funky Cold Medina needs to be 5:00 long and faster than what is available on either Napster or iTunes. You can either speed up the original and play it twice or choose another groovy 5:00 min tune in its place. Sorry ’bout that!